Break large tasks down into smaller, more manageable pieces
When you are faced with a big task, it helps if you break the task down into smaller, more manageable parts. This will help you avoid stress and procrastination. People who procrastinate often comment that when they wait until the last minute, they feel overwhelmed, and the task seems insurmountable. By setting priorities and breaking the bigger project into smaller tasks, the work is more manageable and less intimidating.
Here is one way to break tasks down.
• Look at the big picture; make sure you understand what the end product is supposed to look like.
• Examine the parts of the task. Figure out step-by-step what you need to do because it's not going to happen through magic.
• Think about the logical order of completing the pieces. What should you do first, second, third, etc.?
• Create a timeline for completing your tasks. Having a deadline will make you more focused for each task.
• Have a plan to help you stay on track. Put the time you will spend on the project into your schedule so that you can set aside the time for it. Stick with this plan. A plan is only good if you see it through.
• Complete your task early enough to have some time left for a final review.